Elixir Interactive is the most deceiving and crooked company I've ever had to deal with, I am warning everyone thinking of using them to stay away at all costs. My experience with them cost me over $8000 and a whole lot of stress.. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! (hopefully my story below will stop a few people getting taken in by their scam)
I first came into contact with Elixir Interactive in March 2010 when I asked for a quote for some SEO work, the lady I talked to on the phone (fionn) seemed really knowledgeable and told me they could get my site to rank for competitive terms without much trouble. after talking to her for about 30 minutes and going over everything I was convinced they would be a great fit. I started a contract with them a couple days later for $x,xxx/month. they said I could cancel anytime if I wasnt happy with the results.
The first few weeks I would get a call from Elixir Interactive every 2-3 days saying they were doing "research" and analysing my site for how it could be optimized better for search, they said they were changing some of the code of my site (i gave them FTP access) to improve its visibility in search engines, although i didn't understand most of what they were talking about I trusted they were working hard and doing good work.
About 10 weeks in there was still no difference in the ranking of my site and i was starting to get suspicious that they werent really doing much. When I called up Fionn and demanded them to give a report of the work they had done, they told me everything was "trade secrets" and they couldnt reveal their SEO methods. I told her I wanted proof of work done NOW, after continually haggling her she told me they would put together a report and email it to me.
It was only when i got the report of work done about a week later that I realized for sure I had been ripped off this whole time. in TEN WHOLE WEEKS and thousands of dollars in fees all they had to show as proof of work was a bunch of directory submissions, some social bookmarking and blog commenting, maybe about 15-20 hours' worth of work in total, if that.....and its just basic SEO stuff. I sure wonder what their "trade secrets" *** is. I couldve hired someone to do this work for about 5% of the price Elixir Interactive charged me.
the pathetic part was when I called them up obviously really angry, they suggested that I should go on a "larger plan" where they could devote more time working on my site. Of course this didnt go down well with me, I told them to go F themselves and the person hanged up on me. I havent been able to get through to them for a refund since.
bottom line: DO NOT GET TAKEN IN BY ELIXIR INTERACTIVES FANCY CLAIMS. they will try to make you keep paying their fees for as long as possible before you realize they are stealing your money.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Seo Service
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "I went to ask for Devere Group to transfer my UK pension abroad from the UK. Well, last time I do that! They said sorry we can not help as..."
- "I have been lied to ripped off and threatened by Capital One Auto Finance then my Car got wrecked. This is AFTER I gave them $33,000.00!! I purchased..."
- "As a young person, I've had friends and family come up to me and push these "businesses" as a way to make money. (I grew up working fast food to..."
- "Trusted this scam artist of claiming he can sell me 1000 units of iPad minis. Sent the money to this clown to some pre-paid card account, for he claims it..."
- "Seatle home with Custom 5 lite bay window (west facing). the window frame / casing is literally rotting itself out. It was properly installed, but not holding up to real..."
- "Green line appeared 1 year after purchase. I contacted VIZIO and told them that purchase was a year ago and may be out of warranty. They assured me that even..."
- "Bought a klaussner sectional and the construction of it is off. The pillows don't even line up in one area. I'm actually impressed on how bad they screwed up on..."
- "I went and finance a bed at rooms to go in the sawgrass Mall on Sunday. I was told I was approved through acceptance for $1400 I went and finance..."
- "Purchased 2 wigs from this company, took forever to receive, then wigs looked nothing to what I ordered, spent $250 and they offered me $20!refund, I posted 1 wig back..."