Elixir Interactive - Total Scam
Elixir Interactive is the most deceiving and crooked company I've ever had to deal with, I am warning everyone thinking of using them to stay away at all costs. My experience with them cost me over $8000 and a whole lot of stress.. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! (hopefully my story below will stop a few people getting taken in by their scam)
I first came into contact with Elixir Interactive in March 2010 when I asked for a quote for some SEO work, the lady I talked to on the phone (fionn) seemed really knowledgeable and told me they could get my site to rank for competitive terms without much trouble. after talking to her for about 30 minutes and going over everything I was convinced they would be a great fit. I started a contract with them a couple days later for $x,xxx/month. they said I could cancel anytime if I wasnt happy with the results.
The first few weeks I would get a call from Elixir Interactive every 2-3 days saying they were doing "research" and analysing my site for how it could be optimized better for search, they said they were changing some of the code of my site (i gave them FTP access) to improve its visibility in search engines, although i didn't understand most of what they were talking about I trusted they were working hard and doing good work.
About 10 weeks in there was still no difference in the ranking of my site and i was starting to get suspicious that they werent really doing much. When I called up Fionn and demanded them to give a report of the work they had done, they told me everything was "trade secrets" and they couldnt reveal their SEO methods. I told her I wanted proof of work done NOW, after continually haggling her she told me they would put together a report and email it to me.
It was only when i got the report of work done about a week later that I realized for sure I had been ripped off this whole time. in TEN WHOLE WEEKS and thousands of dollars in fees all they had to show as proof of work was a bunch of directory submissions, some social bookmarking and blog commenting, maybe about 15-20 hours' worth of work in total, if that.....and its just basic SEO stuff. I sure wonder what their "trade secrets" *** is. I couldve hired someone to do this work for about 5% of the price Elixir Interactive charged me.
the pathetic part was when I called them up obviously really angry, they suggested that I should go on a "larger plan" where they could devote more time working on my site. Of course this didnt go down well with me, I told them to go F themselves and the person hanged up on me. I havent been able to get through to them for a refund since.
bottom line: DO NOT GET TAKEN IN BY ELIXIR INTERACTIVES FANCY CLAIMS. they will try to make you keep paying their fees for as long as possible before you realize they are stealing your money.115e33c9 review #187791
You may also like
- "According to the St of WA Office of Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler: Even though the NYL policy did not provide a minimum guaranteed fixed interest rate, it..."
- "Dr. Peter Higgs CEO of Tactical Global Management the big solar fund rip off. This was a perfect scam for Myself, Virgil and Khadiyjah Perryman. We conned this idea..."
- "I was the recent recipient of a promotion from Oxbury Research and Mitchell Sachs Income Initiative. I have to say that I'm truly impressed. They claim to be The Renegades..."
- "Ordered 2 dozen multi coloured roses for my mom's 60th. The delivery was on time, but the flowers were wilted an NOTHING like the picture online. I upped my order..."
- "Big Timber facility. Elgin, IL unit door is currently blocked by snow and ice. This has happened all winter and for days and weeks at a time have not..."
- "Induction cooktop...a few months into use gave up the ghost. Repair service came out to undertake warranty work and promptly closed up the unit saying it was a hazard and..."
- "SCAM? Received Invoice 3rd Notice I spoke with Taste of Home office this morning explaining I'd never subscribed to their magazine. The lady on the phone told me that a..."
- "I bought mor furniture some 2 years back and their salesman sold me extended warranties saying any rip/tear would be covered. Now my furniture is tearing apart because of it's..."
- "Tobey West, Tobias I.A. West, Todd West, Todd Goodman owner of Family 1st Home Preservations, Legal Affiliates Group, Loan Educators, Family First Home Preservation Services. Tobey uses the alias Todd..."